THEP and SACRE RE Teachers Conference RE Intentions, RE Implementation, RE Impact
This course is part of the Key Training series
Wednesday 29th January 2020
9.15am - 4.00pm
Venue: PDC, Room G04
Presenters: RE Today Led by Lat Blaylock and Julia Diamond-Conway of the RE Today Adviser Team. They have a wide national reputation for practicality and excellence in RE CPD.
The training will address the following:
How to be an effective and inspirational RE Subject Leader in the primary school? This one-day course will explore the role of the subject leader, using practical activities to develop your confidence and understanding of RE and your leadership and management skills.
A balance of practical ideas and inspiration
- What do the Inspectors look for from RE with the new framework?
- Planning Intention: using the aims and learning intentions accurately
- Implementation in RE: teaching and learning to serve pupil need – and meet the requirements of OFSTED
- The impact of RE: achieving more in RE with outcomes-led assessment
HMI’s new framework will look far more closely at subjects in schools, including RE which will be selected for ‘deep dive’ inspection in many schools. Meeting legal requirements is just the first step to success: the more important questions are about the quality of learning and the progress pupils make. This conference will give teachers the tools to tackle the OFSTED priority for quality curriculum for every pupil.
The benefits of attending this training are:
- KS1and 2 teachers subject knowledge will be enhanced and more strategic
- Raised awareness of a range of strategies for teaching and how to embed understanding
This course is suitable for:
- RE Subject Leaders including Academies and Free schools where RE is required for every pupil in every year group.
- HLTAs who teach RE are very welcome.
You will also be provided with:
- Delegates will receive full supporting digital materials, relating to the new OFSTED approach of ‘intent, implement, impact’.
Cost of course:
Free (THEP Schools) per delegate
£110.00 (Non-THEP Schools) per delegate
To reserve a place please book online using the ‘Services for Schools’ website
Course organised by Carolyn Lindsay