Why History and What Historical Skills?
This course is part of the Enrichment Training series
Wednesday 1st July 2020
1.30pm - 4.00pm
Venue: PDC, Room 105
Presenter: Carolyn Lindsay
The training will address the following:
- What is the purpose of History Education?
- What is History?
- Why do we study History?
- What are historical skills and how can they be developed in KS1 and KS2
The benefits of attending this training are:
- Subject Leadership will be enhanced and more strategic
- Strategies for developing the History curriculum in your school will be explored
- A range of teaching ideas will be shared and can be transferred to the classroom
This course is suitable for:
- History Subject Leaders and SLT
You will also be provided with:
- An electronic copy of the training materials.
- Extracts from the Historical Association Teaching will be shared
Cost of course:
£75.00 (THEP Schools) per delegate
£125.00 (Non-THEP Schools) per delegate
To reserve a place please book online using the ‘Services for Schools’ website
Course organised by Carolyn Lindsay